The Vinoly Suite
The Vinoly Suite is located on the top floor of Hillcrest, which forms part of GreyFriars. It takes its name from its superb view of Colchester’s new modern art gallery, a fantastic golden clad example of modern architecture, designed by the architect Raphael Vinoly.
It is a magnificent suite, large but comfortable and welcoming – in part due to the slightly lower ceiling and smaller windows in this part of the building. Being in the Vinoly suite is like having a large apartment all to yourself. On entering the suite, there is a small staircase of three steps down and then you almost seem to enter another world.
The suite has a large reception room, with distinct areas for sitting and relaxing and alternatively for dining at the suite’s own dining table. The bedroom is approached through double doors which can be closed off for privacy whether during the day or at night. The bathroom is also approached through double doors, with bespoke Ged Kennet bronze handles, and is dedicated to bathroom pleasure, with twin showers, twin vanity units and a pair of feature nickel bath tubs.
For those travelling with young children, by prior arrangement the reception room can be adapted to accommodate one or two cots, or one or two small single beds (additional charges will apply).
Think of a special occasion – you will love this suite.
|Bathroom||Twin nickel bath tubs, twin showers, twin vanity units|
|View||Colchester’s modern art gallery, designed by Raphael Vinoly|
|Size||730 sq ft|
- A spacious and comfortable suite with large reception room with distinct sitting room and dining room areas
- Bird’s eye views of Colchester’s modern art gallery, designed by Raphael Vinoly
- Sumptuous bathroom with twin nickel bath tubs, twin showers, twin vanity units, underfloor heating, speaker control, heated mirror, L'Occitane toiletries
- Individually controlled air conditioning
- Voyage Indian Silk blinds
- Bespoke furniture
- Tea & Nespresso coffee making facilities
- Mini bar
- In room safe
Our room rates include VAT and:
- Complimentary mini bar
- Complimentary Wi-fi
- Tea & coffee making facilities
- Evening Turn-down Service
Check in from 3 p.m. • Check out by midday • Ample Parking
For Family and other Special Requirements, please contact us